I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by Charlette White of Poetic Bliss. Thanks so much Charlette, I am truly honored!
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Here are my answers to Charlette’s questions
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I have been writing since I was a young girl, and with the exception of sometimes sharing with my close circle of family and friends, I felt like my work was just collecting dust.
What is the one change you see in yourself after you started your blog?
This is such a great question. The biggest change I see in myself is the ability to choose me first. In the past, I have always let my needs and desires fall by the wayside, but since I’ve started my blog, I feel so enthused about writing again and equally excited that I am sharing it with the world. It’s not that I have more time now to write. I simply TAKE the time to write.
When do you write the best? I mean, is it when you are sad and moody or cheerful and happy?
I’m not a mood or situational writer. I write the best when it is the only thing that I am focused on. When I have competing priorities, I don’t produce my best work.
Are your stories/poems happy ones or sad ones, predominantly? Do you think it tells something about the emotions you are going through?
I think my writing is an even mix of happy and sad. I like my portfolio to be diverse so I strive to write about things I know and have experienced as well as things I can only image and craft.
What is the best comment you’ve received on your blog so far?
By far, the best comments I have received have been from my serial fiction series “He Listens”. I have a few faithful readers and they have really dove into the storyline and the characters. I love their feedback – it gives me energy.
“He Listens,” series homepage can be found HERE.
Of all your posts, which one do you feel describes you or give us an understanding of perhaps, an element of yourself?
That’s easy. My poem, “From“. Be sure to check it out.
Through which other form of art do you express yourself, apart from this one?
I’m pretty crafty and like making and putting together pretty things. I love interior design and have been commissioned by various family members and friends to decorate their spaces be it home or work. Also I love decorative planning (pics of my monthly and weekly spreads can be found under lifestyle on my blog. Lastly, I dabble in painting but won’t quit my day job anytime soon : )
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for the Real Neat Blogger Award
Please Answer the Following Questions
- What motivates you to write?
- How would you describe your writing style?
- What is your greatest accomplishment in writing thus far?
- What are your future goals for your blog?
- How do you manage your priorities and still maintain your commitment to your blog?
- What is your favorite post of all times? Is it also your highest ranked post? If it is or if it isn’t, explain how that makes you feel.
- Would you rather have a post get a hundred likes and no comments or ten comments and no likes, explain?
Okay, there you have it! Please take the time to answer these questions and follow the rules of the award. I can’t wait to read your responses!!